I've seen it cheaper and coming out sooner on Amazon or eBay!
This is a very common concern our customers normally bring up. Here are a couple of key-points on this:
- Most of the time these items are shipped from Asia directly and do not include VAT (thus being cheaper) but incur customs charges.
- You'll usually have to pay significant import tax, on top of whatever price to pay on Amazon or eBay.
- They can take 4-6 weeks to arrive as they come by sea.
- A lot of the time they are not genuine items. They are bootlegs (counterfeits) made from lower quality PVC and have imperfections.
- If the order gets lost or damaged, you can be fairly sure the company in Japan or China isn't going to be very interested in your complaint.
This does not mean that if you find an item on Amazon or eBay it will be the case, however, it's an unfortunate reality. If you have more questions regarding this do not hesitate to contact us.
Is VAT charged even if I'm shipping to outside of the EU?
If you're shipping to a country that is not in the EU, VAT will not be charged at checkout as this will be payable once the goods arrive at the country of destination.
If you have any questions, please contact us.
What are the delivery charges for orders from the Online Shop?
For more shipping information click here.
Does shipping come with a tracking number and how is it charged?
We use the best shipping companies we can, for all deliveries. All our packages are tracked and signed for. We try not to look at expenses when it comes to getting these amazing items, in one piece to you. This is our highest priority when shipping.
Regarding shipping payment, for international shipping, what you see in your cart/checkout page is only an estimate based on previous shipments. We try to be as accurate as possible but sometimes the shipping costs may vary due to a lot of reasons. For example, due to the Covid-19 pandemic, there was an increase in price for all shipments. There are always highs and lows but we make sure that the prices that you are seeing are up-to-date.
If you are paying your pre-order upfront or if your item is in stock, shipping is charged together with your order payment.
If you are paying using the deposit option on a pre-order, shipping will be charged together with your first payment. The remaining balance will not feature any shipping cost as it has been paid for in the first order.
Which payment methods are accepted in the Online Shop?
We currently accept PayPal and all major cards handled by Stripe payments gateway (such as Partial.ly). We also accept payments made with crypto currency.
How long will delivery take?
Delivery time varies from item to item, please check each individual item for estimated delivery time. Some items may take longer to deliver if we need to individually order them from our supplier.
Delivery estimations within the EU are as follow:
- Delivery 1 to 2 days: This item is in stock in our warehouse and it will be shipped as soon as payment is cleared.
- Delivery 15 to 20 days*: An order has been placed with our supplier and we are expecting stock arrival at our warehouse in Portugal.
I'm Pre-Ordering for a friend/family birthday. Will it arrive in time?
Unfortunately, we do not recommend Pre-Ordering for specific events like Birthdays, Christmas, Easter, etc unless it's ok to possibly deliver after that event. Pre-Orders estimated available dates are susceptible to changes. These dates are controlled solely by the manufacturers and we have no control over them.
If you're looking to Pre-Order for a big event like this please get in touch with us first.
What exactly happens after ordering?
Here's our current procedure when your order comes in:
- Order received and payment is cleared (this happens instantly unless something goes wrong with the payment, but don't worry! That is quite rare and we will let you know if something does go wrong)
- If we have stock and the order is placed before 11 am we will dispatch the same day, otherwise, it will be dispatched the next day. If we do not have warehouse stock of your item we will place an order with our provider.
- As soon as your item(s) is(are) with our courier, your order status will change to "fulfilled" and you will be given a tracking code.
Where is Animegami.eu shipping from?
Animegami.eu is operated by AGPT Creative Workshop Lda. in Portugal. All of the orders are shipped from our distribution center also located in Portugal.
Why am I paying taxes?
When purchasing through Animegami.eu, customers from an EU-country will see the tax rate of their destination country be added at checkout. That is because, as our company is located in Portugal (an EU-country as well), and shipping within the Single Market, taxes must be charged within the European Union.
The prices displayed are exclusive of taxes, and will be calculated one the shipping details are added at checkout, based on your country's VAT rate.
Why is my order "Unfulfilled"?
"Unfulfilled" is the status your order will be stated as until there is a dispatch notice, as well as a tracking number. Once the tracking number is added on to your order page, you will receive an email notification and your order will be stated as "Fulfilled".
I received the tracking number just now, why does it not work?
When the couriers issue a tracking number when picking the parcels from the warehouse, it usually take up to 24 hours to update. So please, do not panic if at the time you receive the tracking link it has no information, as it will be updated when the shipping information is entered in their system.
I placed an order for an item that was "Available". When am I going to receive it?
If you have purchased an item that was stated as "Available" or "In Stock", please check the delivery time on the products page, below the availability (e.g. "Delivery within 15 working days").
What are "Working days"?
Working days, or Business days, are the days of the week where business is conducted. This includes Monday through Friday, and excludes weekends, as well as national bank holidays.
Can I mix pre-orders and stock item in the same purchase?
You can mix both in-stock products with pre-orders, however, be mindful that the shipping costs calculated at checkout is the estimate for shipping your full order (if it includes multiple items). If you wish to receive your products at different times, extra shipping costs will be charged, please contact our Customer Support team.
For more information regarding Shipping click here.